Sunday 24 January 2010

Painty-Paint

My apologies for not writing a single thing last week - sadly the essays I had to do momentarily took over my life. Unless it was regarding psychiatry in colonial Africa, the boundaries of the human in medieval literature or the Indian resistance movement - I was not giving it the time of day. The last essay was completed on Thursday and I am now a happy girl once again. I even gave myself a little day off on Friday as a reward for all of my hard work. I spent the majority of the day in my pyjamas watching lovely films and eating ice cream. It is a great source of annoyance that all of my days cannot be spent like this, although I would eventually get bored with it. Anyway, my first me-day of the year was a good one.

Ollie and I spent the majority of the weekend undertaking tasks relating to our flat. We have decided that it is indeed time to step up our game and dive into some serious home improvement projects. I am one of those people who can gladly spend all day looking at paint charts and fabric samples. Reading the Habitat catalogue is my idea of fun. However, the difference between playing interior designer and playing full-on painter and decorator are very different, as I have learned today. Spending five hours applying (beautiful) olive paint to my living room wall has left me with a bad back and paint-encrusted hair and nails it took a VERY long shower to remove. However, it will all be worth it soon when we can have a complete overhaul of every wall. After all, there is nothing more depressing than magnolia.

Have just read this and realised that I need some drunken debauchery quite soon to balance out all of my domesticated tasks.

Aside from this, we had a lovely Saturday lunch at The Plough in East Dulwich (love that place) with the Harcourt-Smiths and spent much of the afternoon playing with adorable little Anna. Have also been reading The Motorcycle Diaries, which I cannot seem to put down xx

2 comments:

  1. I miss the Plough!

    Tell Ollie I said hello and that I wish that we could grab a pint.

    I hope the weather isn't too horriable. It's back to semi-tropical weather here in Alabama.

    I am swamped with everything under the sun but my blog will be getting attention and have a food like make over! so get prepared.

    lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    All is good. It has been pretty cold here. I think the lowest it got was minus ten or something. For London that's pretty cold. The old twelvety bus stopped running and everybody was snowed in their houses. Sam and I had a skid-race on the way back from the library. It was ace.

    Hope you're well and be sure to send me the blog once it's done xx

    ReplyDelete