Tuesday 26 January 2010

Hooray for Gingers

Last night I dyed my hair and it went bright red. I looked awful - pale and about five years older (shudder). So this morning I had to undertake a major rescue attempt on my poor ravaged locks. So I put on a beret and hotfooted it to the nearest chemist to see what I could do to make myself look less like a safety match. I decided that a light-mid ash brown would be the best option to counteract the brightness and it worked. Kind of. I now have hair that is the colour of merlot, and although it is still too dark for my tragically pale skin tone, I am starting to get used to it (despite the fact that Mike greeted me with "Hello Goth - not letting that one slide).

Went for some little drinks at the Union with Sam, Mike, Jen Ven and her friend Louise and then for a yummy and cheap dinner at The Thailand in New Cross before braving the baltic bus journey back home. Jen is going to Borneo and not only am I super jealous, I'm going to miss her LOADS xx

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have had a pint with you guys and Thai food.

    My house has been the centre of culinary wonderfulness and all my friends have been enjoying my (seriously) daily curries. Wish you guys could be here to enjoy the (almost) spring weather and a nice beer and curry with me.

    from the failing union (hope you watched the state of the union address last night) if you didn't you did not miss much. Except that we are fucked. utterly and totally fucked. A'murika! Yeah!
    -Brock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds ace. Am going to miss Jen Ven sooooo much.

    Have not been very up on my news watching of late. Have been distracted by the wonder that is the iPad xx

    ReplyDelete