Friday 8 January 2010

Cabin Fever is Beginning to Set In

OK, so this has officially been the most uneventful week ever. I have tried really really hard not to procrastinate today, but alas there were distractions from my work. This afternoon I trekked all the way across the street to look at Matt and Adrienne's new flat. It was very, very empty. No furniture at all and, more importantly, no Adrienne as she is still in Canada. However, it's a great place and just across the road from ours so we have a couple of new Dulwich neighbours.

Seeing somebody else's new home has spurred me on a little to make a couple of little purchases to brighten up my own. At present we are still awaiting the HUGE corner couch from Habitat (which is going to be a wonderful setting for the many League of Gentlemen marathons I plan on having with my travel chums) so I might do a little online shopping for some lampshades and cushions. Interior design, by the way, is not the new rock'n'roll, it's just that I have been deprived of a social life this week and am becoming somewhat domesticated. Next week I will get drunk on Moscow Mules and fall off my heels, just to create some balance.

In other news: Ollie is playing a gig in Kings Cross tonight which I am sadly missing due to my essay-shaped ball and chain, I have now been one week without smoking and I skidded on the ice on Barry Road a grand total of 7 times today. Hooray xx

No comments:

Post a Comment