Wednesday 4 November 2009

This is What Happens...

So I am supposed to be writing my essay right now. No need to highlight the fact that I am the world's biggest procrastinator. There is always something dreadfully important that I would rather be doing. Right now I would rather be anywhere then sat in my spare room writing about disease patterns and healing practices in pre-colonial Africa, but that's what I signed up for so that's what I must do.

I started today hungover, which is never a good start. Last night Laura and Jade came over for dinner so I baked some squash with chilli and garlic and then stuffed them with roasted vegetables and goats cheese. We caught up and talked and laughed.

And drank two bottles of wine.

Then Ollie and Matt came back to the house and we decided that we hadn't drunk nearly enough so went off to Lordship Lane in search of more drinking venues. Then we ended up at the Bishop. Drank two more large glasses of wine, smoked a few cigarettes (NAUGHTY) and looked at scantily clad women on Laura's iPhone before Ollie, Jade and I stumbled back to the flat to top up our alcohol content with these amazing vodka-filled chocolates that Dan and Lucy bought us back from their recent trip to Vienna.

So this morning I grudgingly crowbarred myself out of bed and headed towards Bloomsbury to make use of SOAS's lovely library. (Another black mark against Goldsmiths I'm afraid when they had NO books I could use for my essay). A little trip to Pret was in order before I went in and I did so much work and thought myself all wonderful and productive.

And now I am sat writing a silly blog with a deadline on Friday. Idiot. At least I've managed to stay out of the kitchen. For now.

I have a feeling tonight will be a late one xx

No comments:

Post a Comment