Friday 6 November 2009

Remember Remember

Bonfire night has always been a bit of a tradition for me. Firstly, I love winter and relish any opportunity to stand oustide in the cold, bundled up in my favourite coat with a big cup of tea and a packet of cigarettes. Secondly, it's two days away from my birthday. And thirdly...well, who doesn't love big sparkly things that go bang. However, last night it all went a little awry.

Instead of being in the park, I spent the night in various pubs in Crystal Palace with Ollie, Matt, John and Heather drinking vast quantities of alcohol, playing table football and telling everybody who will listen about one of my hamsters ate the other one. Instead of paying the £5 entry fee, we stood outside the gates with all of the other fee-shirkers and spent the money on extra booze.

Saying that, I had an ace time. This morning my head hurt like a bitch and I had to finish off my Africa essay. Not the best / most exciting way to spend my last day of being 25. However, tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to Paris to wander around doing lots of lovely Parisian things and not thinking about work at all.

On the eve of my birthday I always have a little think about what I've done throughout the year. Lots and lots and lots. I think of all things I saw, this was one of my favourites:

No comments:

Post a Comment