Sunday 1 November 2009

Breaking the Cycle of Laziness

This morning I woke up to the sound of rain, which is something that hasn't happened in a long time. That's the problem with living in a modern building with lots of aluminium and steel - it's LOUD. At times I do miss my old beloved creaky Victorian town house. Anyway, I really really wanted to take the bike out this morning and cruise around Dulwich buying lovely things, however considering I have spent two weeks suffering from the dreaded lurgy, I though it better not to risk it. By the afternoon the rain had cleared up and Ollie and I cycled down to beautiful Dulwich Park and did a few laps, dodging joggers, children and dogs - the three nemesises of cyclists. Then we stopped off at the Clockhouse on Peckham Rye on the way home for a glass of White Rioja and some olives.

Despite the problems stemming from rain, I am actually beginning to enjoy winter. There is something lovely about getting bundled up and going for walks in the park, kicking dead leaves and snuggling up with hot drinks. And although summer has fun things like festivals and trips to the beach, winter has Hallowe'en, Bonfire Night and Christmas - excellent excuses to meet up with friends and drink lots. Plus - I love winter food. It is almost worth becoming a bit of a fatty for. Tonight I am making spicy bean and veggie sausage stew which I intend to eat under a blanket watching Sunday night TV with my warm boy. Bliss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment