Thursday 17 September 2009

The Worst Blogger in the World

So this week I have spectacularly crashed and burned from last week. It's not been quite as exciting, but it's quite nice to be at home. Ollie's been working at the studio like a crazy person and hasn't even been getting back until after I've gone to bed so I've been curling up on the couch, surfing the internet looking for pretty new things for the flat.

I love love love the flat but it is still in utter chaos. There are loads of boxes which are still sitting unpacked by the side of the couch. I really need to get stuck into these, but I kind of want some amazing storage options before doing so. Need a big shoe rack for my ever expanding footwear collection and a HUGE bookcase (ideally a big library-style one with a ladder, but I know we don't have the room).

I didn't realise that buying your own place is such a drain on your finances. What's depressing as I am working really long weeks and still recovering from the enormous amounts of money we had to shell out just to get to this stage. I always like being poor and find it a bit of a challenge - you know, shopping on a budget etc etc, but I feel sad that I have this beautiful new flat and can't go out and buy loads of stuff to make it perfect. We decided to paint the bedroom, but it kind of stopped there when we realised that the beautiful ivory light-reflecting paint we loved was £60 a tin and went nowhere.

I think my interior design days are a long way off yet.

So as flat is currently bland and blah, I've been putting off inviting everybody for cocktails, although I know I will need to do this soon so I don't run the risk of looking completely antisocial. Mojitos, I think. We do have an amazing mint plant on the windowsill and some Cuban rum in the freezer which needs to be used up.

No comments:

Post a Comment