Thursday 3 September 2009

Did Anybody Order an Optimist?...

So picture the scene: I wake up this morning to the early morning sunshine beaming in through the window, little birds sweep in and lift off my duvet and sing me a little song and little mice in hats and trousers help me get ready for work. Remind you of anything?



Of course, this didn't actually happen but I did wake up in the best mood this morning, which was a sharp contrast to yesterday when I scowled and stamped my feet through everything. I think the main reason for this sudden change is that I am finally free of the mystery illness which has plagued me since Monday morning.

I don't care that we're in a recession.
I don't care people in the City are a bunch of rude queue jumpers.
I don't care that I spent £15 in Lush and have no milk in the fridge. I smell ace.
I don't care that London buses never run on time.
I don't care that City of London are still needlessly drilling Botolph Lane early in the morning.

Of course, I am not through with caring about stuff in general and I'm sure by tomorrow my cynical self will have returned, and all of the above will get on my nerves, but now I will make the most of being smiley and carefree. Now is it too late to open the Prosecco? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment