Wednesday 2 September 2009

Autumnal Blues

No wonder Londoners are so mardy. Yet again, the British summer has been shit. After the debacles of 2007 and 2008, we thought this might be the year that the glorious sunshine would return.

But NO.

This morning I walked out of the flat to grey skies, wind and, worst of all, RAIN. Autumn is here and the newspapers are forcasting lots of the dreaded rain and storms. So much for a hot September. I'll be putting my little summer dresses in storage before I've even taken them on a decent outing.

I should never have come to work today. I thought yesterday's day of languishing around on the sofa under the duvet would be enough to cure me of whatever mystery illness I picked up at a wedding on Sunday.

But NO.

I am sat at my desk, unable to concentrate or do a scrap of work. Everything seems so loud to my poor delicate ears. From the phone to the workmen digging up the road outside of my office. It's agony. I think it may be time to go home soon. Home to my big red couch and a cup of the magic lemon and ginger, perhaps to spend a couple of hours on Shopstyle choosing myself a new autumn wardrobe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment