Monday 14 September 2009

Long Time, No Blogging

Oh dearie me. It has been a long time since I last did any writing. In my last blog I had such good intentions to sit down and write and instead had one of the busiest weeks I have had in a long, long time.

Monday - Reunited with my friend Arsie. I met Arsie about 18 months ago in the girls' dorm of a hostel I was staying at in Portland, Oregon. This was her first trip to London, which is all very exciting as I love it when visitors come to stay. I met her at the Sorriso Cafe next to that crazy building with the derelict lighthouse on top where she was sitting with Steven, a guy she met on the Couchsurfing website. After a little while here, we took the very uneventful number 63 back to Peckham Rye and then made out way to the Plough in East Dulwich for a pint and huge plate of bangers'n'mash. How trad.

Tuesday - I worked. There's no need to bore anybody with talk of that. It was not very excited. I was feeling completely knackered, so went straight home to crash on the couch and watch cookery programmes. I found out that Brock was flying into London on Thanksgiving weekend, so got very excited and researched how to make a kick-ass Thanksgiving dinner. Although may need the help of some actual Americans.

Wednesday - OMG went to Rococo to pick up some gorgeous chocolates for the goodie bags. Possibly the most beautiful shop in the world, although I really dislike going to Knightsbridge - always feel distinctly scruffy. A sigh of relief was had when I made it back to the slightly more comfortable surroundings east of Holborn and met Arsie, Steven, Matt and Josh at the Tay Do cafe in Kingsland Road. Amazing Vietnamese food for very little money. Crispy tofu with chilli and lemongrass and steamed rice.

Thursday - Possibly the worst day in a long time. I had to go all the way to Newbury to organise a charity clay pigeon shoot. Worked a thirteen hour day and walked in (collapsed through) my door at 11pm. Country people are fucking weird.

Friday - Went over to Notting Hill after work to have carpet picnic at Josh's flat. He's moving back to Australia so has no furniture and needs to use up all of the booze before he leaves. Who could resist such an invitation. Drank lots and went to the local pub for more bangers'n'mash.

Saturday - Back to Forest Hill for a Brazilian tea party at Alex and Jo's house for their little daughter Anna's first birthday. She may actually be the cutest little thing in the world. We feasted on black bean stew and cheese bread and drank many deliciously strong caipirinhas. By the time the evening rolled around, I could have quite easily slinked home and collapsed into a food-and-booze coma, however, went over to New Cross to see Sam, Laura and Mike in their new flat. Drank lots and lots of wine, sang and danced and walked all the way home with Ollie via Nunhead and a drunken trip to a shop to buy bread and crisps to make crisp sandwiches.

Sunday - Had to say goodbye to Arsie (sad times) so met her for Sunday lunch at Ivans Retreat in Brixton with Ollie and Sam. So sad she's gone home as have really enjoyed hanging out with her this week. I'm going to try and get to San Fran asap.

Sorry this has been a bit of a list of activities, I'm too tired to remember anything more personal than that. Looking forward to bed tonight. Super sleepy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment