Thursday 29 October 2009

Tackiest Travel Souvenirs

OK, so three blogs in one day is a little excessive, but I just had to get this one in. Courtesy of my Wanderlust newsletter, here are the tackiest travel souvenirs that are sold around the world:

1. A gravy boat bearing a picture of Saint Therese de Lisieux - the 'Little Flower of Jesus', one of the most popular Catholic saints.

2. A Virgin Mary ashtray from Rome, bought, perhaps, in a bid to gain some divine help in giving up smoking?

3. A donkey that dispenses a cigarette out of its bottom when you pull its tail.

4. A wooden toilet seat with a Spanish flag on the lid - a male appendage pops out when it's opened.

5. A Betty Boo flamenco pottery doll.

6. A Chairman Mao cigarette lighter.

7. A gold waving cat from Hong Kong.

8. A leprechaun bottle opener/magnet with a rainbow, pot of gold and an 'I Love Ireland' banner.

9. An Apron with a picture of a naked Roman statue. (I have to admit that Ollie and I bought one of these for a friend on a trip to Sorrento)

10. An 'I Love Hawaii' fridge magnet in the shape of a surfboard.

My personal travel tat includes an 'I LOVE NY' fridge magnet with a hologram that switches from Manhattan Island to a subway train, Tootise Rolls from LA, manga postcards from Japan and of course some wooden tulips from Holland xx

No comments:

Post a Comment