Wednesday 7 October 2009

Slipping Into Old Habits

OK, so it's been a really long time since I wrote anything - but in my defence, I have been really busy. I am even supposed to be busy right now reading for my Empires lecture on Friday but I am procrastinating. Oh, how I miss the joys of procrastination. Last year I stressed and stressed over deadlines and still managed to spend hours trying to beat my score on Geo Challenge. Oh dear.

So this is my second week back at uni and all is well. I have managed to turn up to all of my classes and have only had to endure one lecture hungover, which is pretty good going so far (avoiding Club Sandwich may have been key in this). I would like to claim that it has been an alcohol free couple of weeks, but I cannot. There have been two drunken nights in the living room of some fellow evils Sam, Laura and Mike which usually descended into us playing as much 90s tunes as we can find, downing multiple bottles of the 2-for-£8 wine (not, I might add, the 2-for-£5 - things aren't quite that dire just yet) and performing random acrobatics both in the house and on the street.

On the subject of 90s tunes, we finally made it up to I Love the 90s in Islington, which is somewhere I have wanted to go for ages. It was ace, I drank vodka and red alert and danced to Britpop all night. It would have almost been like the 90s except I am not fourteen anymore.

So I have three habits that I'm slipping back into: procrastination, midweek drinking and blogging. The latter is certainly a good habit and I am as yet undecided on the other two. I guess in a weird way they are all linked. So more blogs can be expected in future.

This has been vague and a little random. I think this is because I know there is something else I should be doing right now. Will make much more of an effort next time. Done. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment