Monday 15 February 2010

Anti-Valentines

So Sunday morning Ollie and I got up before it was light for our super-early drive back to Southampton. Our prediction that most people would be tucked up having Valentines breakfast in bed whilst listening to power ballads was right - the roads were clear and we made it back here in under two hours. The journey was ace, although it soured when once we got out of London and lost the signal of the radio station we were listening to and had to endure cliched love songs and sickening dedications on Radio 2.

Valentines Day has never really been something that either of us have done, I think the most into it we ever got was when Ollie sent some flowers to the house when he was touring in the US, but ordinarily we try to have something of an anti-Valentines. This year was no exception. Ou Valentines day was spent in my parents' local country pub celebrating Papa's birthday and before heading back to their house to eat Chinese food and the coffee-flavoured birthday cake I spent the afternoon making for them. Today Ollie and I went to visit my Nan for more food and a HELL of a lot of tea (she sure knows how to make it though, so I can't complain). I'm currently camped out on the sofa at Ollie's parents' house, reading yesterday's Sunday Times supplmements and hanging out with my favourite furry friend Baxter.



There's something nice about occasionally getting out of London for the weekend and spending time with family. It's definitely worth forsaking partaking in the commercial exploitation and pointlessness that is Valentines day for xx

1 comment: