Friday 19 February 2010

Productivity: Low

Today has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have already been on no less than FOUR bus journeys. Two of these were as a result of me going to the supermarket this morning without my house keys and then having to go to Ollie's studio in Walworth to pick up his. My boyfriend now thinks I'm a forgetful scatterbrain. Bus journeys in London have the potential to be hell on earth - particularly during half term when throngs of screeching kids descend upon the buses and somehow claim the territory as their own. By the time I got home my nerves were in shreds and for a moment I considered giving up the lent experiment for the small pleasure of having a nice Marlboro Light and a glass of wine on the balcony.

I am actually beginning to think that abstaining from cigarettes and alcohol is not affecting my stress levels too much - I think this morning would have stressed me out regardless of the amount of artficial mood-enhancers in my lungs/veins - I'm just having to find new ways to unwind. For example, today I decided that half an hour laying on the sofa under a blanket and watching Tribe would be a perfect remedy. It was.

So my first day off in ages has been much less productive than I thought it would be. Oh well xx

1 comment: